About Dr Tina Rae
BA (Hons) PGCE MA(Ed) Msc RSADipSpLD ALCM DipPsych Doc App Ch Ed Psy
HCPC registered Educational and Child Psychologist, Author and Educational Consultant
Dr Tina Rae has over 30 years’ experience working with children, adults and families in clinical and educational contexts within local authorities and specialist services.
She is currently working as a Consultant Educational and Child Psychologist in a range of SEMH and mainstream contexts and for Compass Fostering as a Consultant Psychologist supporting foster carers, social workers and Looked after children.
She was an Academic and Professional tutor for the Doctorate in Educational and Child psychology (University of East London) from 2010-16. She is a registered member of the Health and Care Professions Council, a member of ENSEC (European Network for Social and Emotional Competence) and a former trustee of Nurture UK.
Tina is a member of the editorial board for the journal Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties and for the International Journal of Nurture in Education. She is also a member of the Advisory board for Fresh Start in Education.
Tina is a prolific author and has over 100 publications to date. Recent publications include the following:
- Rae, T., Such, A. & Wood, J. (2020) The Well Being Tool Kit for Mental health leads in schools A comprehensive Training Resource to Support Emotional Wellbeing in Education and Social Care (Buckingham: Hinton House Publishers)
- Rae, T. & Such, A. (2019) The ASD Girls’ Wellbeing Toolkit An Evidence based Intervention Promoting Mental, Physical & Emotional Health (Buckingham: Hinton House Publishers)
- Rae, T., & Wood, J. (2019) The Essential Resilience and well-being tool kit for the early years (Buckingham: Hinton House Publishers)
You can find and follow Tina on Twitter at: @DrTinarae
Tina’s YouTube Channel website (CPD Resources): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcYl81CpnbB7A1ETj5s5o-g
Coffee Time CPD with Dr Tina Rae
- Session 1: Using Tools from CBT with Children and Young People
- Session 2: Anxiety
- Session 3: Grief & Loss
- Session 4: Peer Group Supervision
- Session 5: Emotional Literacy & Emotion Coaching
- Session 6: Understanding & Supporting CYP with Body Image Eating Disorders
- Session 7: Understanding & Using Mindfulness to Reduce Stress
- Session 8: Self esteem & Growth Mindset
- Session 9: Using Solution focused Brief Therapy with CYP
Visit and subscribe to Tina’s YouTube Channel (above) for free access to these and other CPD resources.
Barry Carpenter’s website: https://barrycarpentereducation.com
More info on the Recovery Curriculum
For information on the Recovery Curriculum, including the original Think Piece entitled “A Recovery Curriculum: Loss and Life for our children and schools post pandemic”, lectures, resources, reference materials and details of the online communities of practice, visit: http://www.recoverycurriculum.org